During the COVID-19 pandemic the CDL program has had to make changes to best protect students and staff. First, the requirement for an initial group start-up classroom gathering has been relaxed to avoid the large face-to-face event. This requirement is now met through the use of emailed instructions, video presentations and through the on-line assignment format. Second, regarding the final “hands-on” training and testing day . . . Northland CDL Training (our contract instructor for the course), was extremely proactive with safety, cleaning and sanitizing protocols even before the crisis was announced in mid-March. Those protocols combined with safety policies, changes in training methods to practice social distancing, reduced group sizes with maintaining a clean, sanitized and protected environment, make it impractical to duplicate and travel to Emmetsburg. Therefore the final “hands-on” training and final CDL Testing will only be done at the Northland CDL Training Center in Mason City.
While this may not be not ideal in the short term, please remember, it comes with the following benefits:
- One less trip to complete the course (no evening class), so less time invested.
- Student can enroll ANYTIME, once they have been issued a Commercial Learners Permit. No need to wait for “the monthly class date”.
- The class is still GUARANTEED, meaning you never pay more than one fee.
- The class still meets the current requirements for an Entry Level Driver Training certificate.
- Multiple employees can be scheduled to come together the same day.
- Students are attending a proven environment during COVID-19. No short-cuts.
So the most important take home message is to have your employees study first, then take and pass their CDL Permit testing at a local Driver’s License Station. The written tests required for sucessful completion of a Class A CDL include the General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Combination Vehicle. This now requires an appointment . . . walk-ins are not taken!!! Therefore it can take more time than usual to accomplish.
To enroll . . . CONTACT IOWA LAKES THE DAY THE COMMERICIAL LEARNERS PERMIT IS ISSUED. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT!
Students can be enrolled and usually will be tested within a few days of when their permit will allow, so it’s even more efficient than before.
Enter discount code COVID to pay only $495 for this class.